Friday 4 May 2012

Film Magazine Cover

I decided to use this as my main image for my poster as i took in all the opinions i had for reasons not to use it on my poster however I believe the main image is still effective and does work well as a magazine front cover. The eyes are spooky and adresses the reader which would attract the audience to the magazine.
I used 'ASPHYXIATE' in the style of font and colour as my poster so they both work together with promotion.
I used the title ACT!ON and used an exclamation mark for the I in the word to make it stand out more, add more emphasis and action has connotations with the word 'act on' for the actors within the film and it also links in with what directors say when filming.
I used the tagline ' All you need to know from the cutting room floor' as it is also film related and i think its quite catchy. As my magazine is not just a film mag for horror I added an extra topic about another film at the bottom but in a pink colour so not all my magazine was a dark black and blood like red.
By using the symbols ">>" i think it grabs the readers attention and shows what else is to offer within the magazine. I also used 'diary of a Hooded Haunt' as it describes a bit about the film by not identifying whether the 'haunt' is female or male, co-insiding with my unidentifable character throughout - poster and trailer. The alliteration of 'H' also adds more emphasis and attention for the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment